A Placid Start



Well, this has been fun.

It's been about two weeks since I moved in here, and so far things have been going pretty well! It's been great training in a new locale, which has already established it as an athlete friendly region.


Things kicked off here with the Wilmington Circuit Race, feat. Leif Nordgren. Unfortunately, there are no pictures, but I can assure you that I wasn't pretty. I pulled with Leif for the first lap and a half, then fell to the back as he broke away. As I made my way to the front again, I fell hard going around a sharp right hand corner and did landed a front-flip off of a gym mat. I ended up DNF-ing the race, was just too hard pulling myself that far back into the pack. But it was a learning experience.
Aside, from that race, I've been having quite a bit of fun around here. Training has been good, with a nice track tan showing up after a nice interval workout. 
The view from the Blue Bombers track.
Also, the roads around here are amazing, great for rollerskiing. The River Rd (seen above), is main training thoroughfare in the area. That, along with Rte 86, make for a good workout area.
On the way back down on 86
Hot OD Day... good lord
The profile from one of our OD workouts, out 86 and back 
As an added bonus, the parking area for River road has a sweet view.

Plus, I got a new pair of skis. Thanks to Bryan Fletcher!
The other day, I got a good hike in with Silke, up Cascade and Porter Mountains. It was short, but not a bad climb!

That view...
Home is over there somewhere...

Comments

Popular Posts