PIE!!!!! and rollerskiing.

I was sore, cold, sick, and tired. And that was before the race.

Today was my first 10km anything in the Eyes for the Pies Rollerski Race at Pineland Farms in New Gloucester, ME. The course (two laps of 5km) skirted the perimeter of the former Pineland Center for the insane, which is now home to NENSA, a working farm, as well as a number of other businesses. The two races, a 5km and a 10km freestyle, were a combined mass start with competitors mostly coming from the Yarmouth area (I was the lone NH resident racing). After the first lap, I was second only to Jack Elder, whom I have beaten once in my short career. He then had me by about 10 seconds, growing to 30+ by the finish.


The prizes were well worth it though, with a wide selection of homemade apple and pumpkin pies, which competitors got to choose from. I ended up going home with a nice apple (which i have eaten a third of in the time it has taken me to write this).

Comments

Popular Posts