One Week

Preseason has ended, and school has begun.

We wrapped up our week with a run on the Rollin Irish Half Marathon Course in Essex, VT. Coach only wanted me running about an hour so I didn’t get to run the whole thing, but still managed a little over 7.5 miles.

Gil crushing the course with a 1:24:21



The next day, I rode into BTV to watch the last two races of the Green Mountain Stage Race, the Cat2 and Cat1/Pro Crits.




And I got a flat tire on Wednesday.


RACE REPORT
Saturday was the first race of the season, the Shacklette Invitational at Saint Anselm College. Being our first race, I wasn’t really sure what to expect coming into the day. I felt good for the first mile and a half, holding between 5:30/mi and 6:00/mi for the first two miles. Then I burnt out a bit. I had gone out just a bit too hard, clocking in at 5:10 for the first mile, and was the #1 Knight to the two-mile mark. I fought back for the last two miles after trying to do my best recovering on the third mile, and pulled out a 30:15, good enough for 44th place overall and third for the Purple Knights. Race pacing has always been a weak spot of mine, and I think that I need to rethink (or come up with) a better strategy for the future.


Comments

Popular Posts